20 lessons I have learnt about love
October 7, 2017
- It is impossible to love to the fullest and inhabit pride at the same time.
- Love will call you to deny yourself, over and over again for the sake of another. Sometimes that other will be a significant other, but it will always be God.
- People say “love makes you do dumb things” but that’s simply because putting another person before yourself makes no sense to our flesh.
- Love corrects.
- Long-lasting love doesn’t just happen. It is intentional and it takes work.
- God is love, and so we must know Him to know love.
- Love is brave. To love another is to be courageous.
- Love is forgiving and forgetting the former things, over and over again.
- Love is a question of capacity. How much we have is how much we are able to give.
You cannot give what you do not have, and the same is true of love.
- Everybody needs love. Anyone that says they don’t is a liar.
- To love, truly – is hard. Very hard. But possible.
- Learning how to love will teach you more about yourself than you may ever have known before.
- Question a “love” that consistently hurts.
- Do not settle for a love that is cowardly. It erodes the heart.
- Love and fear cannot coexist. The antidote to fear is not faith, it is love. Only perfect love can cast out fear.
- If you allow it to, love will awaken you. It will heal and bring new life to parts of you which once were dead.
- Love will find you, don’t chase after it.
- You cannot make anyone love you and you shouldn’t. Love is not manipulation.
- Often times, love is a risk. But a worthy feat.
- Love is still the greatest force on this earth and for what it’s worth, we owe it to ourselves to live it out to the fullest.